Several weeks back I asked everyone to vote for their favourite psychedelic albums of the 21st Century.
Here, ranked in order of how many votes they received from readers are the results. Lots of stuff from the last 3 years, which I think is fair enough as there's been a huge renaissance in psychedelia recently and I'd argue that there's more quality psychedelia being produced now than at any point since the early seventies.
Click on album titles for more information.
Let the countdown begin!
15. Broadcast - The Future Crayon ( 2006 )
14. The Smiles and Frowns - The Smiles and Frowns ( 2010 )
13. The Soundcarriers - Harmonium ( 2009 )
12. The Paperhead - The Paperhead ( 2010 )
11. Broadcast - The Noise Made By People ( 2001 )
10. The Coral - The Coral ( 2002 )
9. The Sufis - The Sufis ( 2012 )
8. Broadcast - The Haha Sound ( 2003 )
7. Sir Psych - The Popsike World of Sir Psych ( 2012 )
6. The Orange Alabaster Mushroom - Space and Time: a Compendium of ( 2001 )
5. Beaulieu Porch - Beaulieu Porch ( 2012 )
4. The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots ( 2002 )
3. Dungen - Ta Det Lugnt ( 2003 )
2. Tame Impala - Lonerism ( 2012 )
1. Tame Impala - Innerspeaker ( 2010 )
The following non placing bands also received votes :
Acid Mothers Temple, The Alchemysts, Alfa 9, The Amazing, Aqua Nebula Oscillator, Asteroid #4, Belbury Poly, Bevis Frond, Bipolaroid, The Black Angels, Black Moth Super Rainbow, Black Mountain, Colorama, Mikal Cronin, Crystal Stilts, Earthless, Entrance Band, Erland & The Carnival, Expo 70, The Focus Group, Ghost, Haunted Leather, Richard Hawley, The Heads, The Horrors, The Hypnomen, I.E.M, Life on Earth, Loop, The Magnificent Brotherhood, Mammatus, Mirror Mirror, The Moons, Mmoss, Neon Indian, Joanna Newsom, Of Montreal, Oh No Ono, The Orange Revival, Pepe Deluxe, Plastic Static, Radio Moscow, The Resonars, Ty Segall, Shabazz Palaces, Sky Picnic, Elliott Smith, The Solar System, Stardeath and White Dwarfs, Stereolab, Sula Bassana, Thee Oh Sees, Älgarnas Trädgård, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Vibravoid, Ween, When, White Fence and Ty Segall, Wolf People, Wooden Shjips, Zwan
The results for the reader's poll of Best Psychedelic Albums of All Time can be found here.