16 Oct 2012
The Best Psychedelic Albums of the Nineties as Voted By Active Listener Readers
The results of the Best Psychedelic Albums of the Nineties Reader's Poll are in - less surprising than the 21st Century list but still a few curveballs.
So here they go, as voted by your fine selves, the top fifteen psychedelic albums of the 1990s.
Click on album titles for more information.
15. Talk Talk - Laughing Stock (1991)
14. Super Furry Animals - Radiator (1997)
13. Sun Dial - Other Way Out (1990)
12. Lilys - The 3-Way (1999)
11. The Flaming Lips - Clouds Taste Metallic ( 1995)
10. My Bloody Valentine - Loveless (1991)
9. Mercury Rev - Yerself Is Steam (1991)
8. The Smashing Pumpkins - Gish (1991)
7. The Verve - A Storm In Heaven (1993)
6. The Olivia Tremor Control - Black Foliage: Animation Music (1999)
5. The Boo Radleys - Giant Steps (1993)
4. Primal Scream - Screamadelica (1991)
3. The Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk at Cubist Castle (1996)
2. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space (1997)
1. The Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin (1999)
Other acts to receive votes were : Anton barbeau, The Beta Band, The Bevis Frond, The Boredoms, The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Broadcast, Julian Cope, Cotton Mather, The Dandy Warhols, Flowered Up, Flying Saucer Attack, Gorkys Zygotic Mynci, Green Pajamas, Robyn Hitchcock, Jellyfish, Júpiter Maçã, Jeff Kelly, Kula Shaker, Landberk, The Loud Family, Country Joe McDonald & Bevis Frond, Me, The Minders, My Drug Hell, Neutral Milk Hotel, Ocean Color Scene, The Pale Saints, Porcupine Tree, Ride, Scenic, Slowdive, Tripping Daisy, Vibrasonic, Wilco & Yo La Tengo