3 Jun 2015

The Active Listener Presents a Tribute to Nuggets II - Original Artyfacts from the British Empire and Beyond, 1964–1969

A few year's back we released "Forever Changing - A Tribute To Love's Forever Changes", featuring contemporary interpretations of songs from one of our favourite albums.

It turned out fabulously, and has proven to be extremely popular, so we're now on the look out for contributors for a similar project - this time featuring songs from "Nuggets II - Original Artyfacts from the British Empire and Beyond, 1964–1969" (track listing available at that link).

If you or your band would like to feature on this compilation, please e-mail us at theactivelistener@hotmail.com with "NUGGETS" in the subject field, letting us know:

who you are
and which track you would like to cover. first in first served on track selection, so please list a few back ups in order of preference.

We'll e-mail you back and let you know if the track you've selected is still available, or which back up is available if you supplied any.

At this point, the following tracks have already been claimed. I'll try to update as often as possible, but I'm getting so much correspondence regarding this that there will be times that the list is out of date.

Desdemona
Pictures of Matchstick Men
14 Hour Technicolour Dream
That's the Way It's Got To Be
I Can Hear the Grass Grow
My Friend Jack
Save My Soul
I Wish I Was Five
Bad Little Woman
Take A Heart
Baby Your Phrasing is Bad
Sorry
My Father's Name Was Dad
Garden of My Mind
Sad
How Does it Feel to Feel
Midsummer Night's Dream
Here Comes The Nice
Dance Around The Maypole
Vacuum Cleaner
Shadows and Reflections
I'm Your Witchdoctor
Path Through The Forest
I'm Rowed Out
Real Crazy Apartment
My White Bicycle
Flight From Ashiya
Why Don't You Smile Now
I'll Keep Holding On
Midnight to Six Man
It's a Sin To Go Away
Circles

Having more than one artist covering a song isn't out of the question, but I'd rather we had as many different songs covered as possible.

We're setting a tentative deadline for late August / early September - we'd need to receive your finished tracks by then.

The compilation will be a digital only Bandcamp release, released on a free / name your own price starting at $0 basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment