3 Nov 2013

"Forever Changing" The Active Listener Turns Two.

This here website turns two years old today, and I never thought it would have attracted the thousands of readers and supporters that it has over those two years - thanks to every one of you.
To celebrate this anniversary I've been lucky enough to have a stack of amazing new psychedelic talent (the majority of which regular readers will be well and truly familiar with) take on the considerable challenge of reinventing tunes from my favourite album of all time - Love's "Forever Changes".   (If you don't already own a copy, go here immediately and buy a copy. It will change your life.)
The result is "Forever Changing - A Tribute to Love's "Forever Changes"", and everyone involved has done themselves proud. Thank you so much to everyone who got involved - Martin Butler for the sleeve art, all of the artists who recorded exclusive versions for this (as well as those who donated previously released tracks), and to Thomas at BMG Chrysalis who is attempting to sort out the licensing for this.
Unfortunately at this point, a free license has not been granted by the license holders, so for now "Forever Changing" will be available to stream only through Bandcamp. We're working through these issues now and hope to have clearance very soon.

I've loved writing for the Active Listener, and although I have a much busier workload now outside of the Active Listener, I've been lucky enough to be able to build an excellent team of writers and artists to help me carry the weight and keep the posts and samplers coming regularly.
Thanks to everyone who has written for the Active Listener, supplied artwork or music for samplers, and everyone who visits regularly for a dose of new psychedelia.

I've been lucky enough to make some excellent friends in the process. Special thanks to Chris Sherman, Martin Nunez, Grey Malkin, James McKeown and Stephen Stannard and all of the others who were extremely encouraging in my early days as a writer and gave me the confidence that I needed to keep the ship afloat.

Without further ado, here's "Forever Changing" - hope you all enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment